• Asia Fellow, Harvard University, Boston, USA.
• He is pioneer in explaining strategy using humour through first of its kind book on strategy in the world titled ‘Strategic Humour: Democratising Strategy’. It is highly appreciated by CEOs and CEOs find it hilarious, incisive, applicable and a must read. Through his concept of strategic humour he is able to bring disruptive innovation in the concept of strategy and democratise strategy.
• Awarded Education Excellence Award for Best Professor in Strategy in India by ASSOCHAM ( The Associated Chambers of Commerce of India; Oldest, Leading, largest and Apex Chamber of Commerce and Industry of India) and Education Post.
• Ranked # 1 jointly on average research productivity among management faculty from IIMs/IITs/ISB in India for research output from 1968 to 2014.
• Ranked globally # 3 for number of research publications on India in area of business management for 1960-2010 in ISI Web of Science databases (the global leading impact factor based journal database) by a research study in an international journal of repute.
• On advisory board of more than 100 international research journals¸ professional bodies and conferences consisting of leading international academicians¸ industry leaders and policy makers.
• Visiting Fellowship, R. H. Smith School of Business¸ University of Maryland (Maryland¸ USA).
• Awarded Best Research Professor award number of times.